Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Dahlias the size of your head

For the most part my rule of thumb on plants is I don’t plant annuals unless I can eat them. One of my exceptions is dahlias. I figure any flower that gets as big as my head is worth a bit of extra work. Besides that I don’t have to by new ones I just have to lift them in the fall after frost and replant them in the spring so it isn’t quite like buying new plants every year. As is made evident, Caelun just loves them. They got a late start on blooming this year and I am not sure why being that hey were planted on time but I will say they were worth the wait. What a wonderful spot of color when the other summer flowers were mostly spent. Come sit with Caelun and enjoy the dahlias.

 meal 22 Abbi band competition 1 thyme 060 meal 22 Abbi band competition 1 thyme 061meal 22 Abbi band competition 1 thyme 059 meal 22 Abbi band competition 1 thyme 062

No comments:

Contributors