Friday, December 23, 2011

A Tour Of The Trees

One of my cousins, who has fond memories of our family farm, asked me for pictures where we planted the recent pear and paw paw trees so this post is a response along with some other pictures of the property as I wandered around. I took these at the end of April after the egg hunt.

This view is to the south standing behind the old barn. The paw paw trees- if they make it they didn’t look so hot this fall- are down near the edge of the swamp that starts with the tall grass.

Egghunt 116

This view is facing west from behind the old barn. The pear trees are in a row a good distance apart behind the barn and garage. The old seckel pear is the tall one behind Caelun. You can see the old willow off further to the west in the right hand corner.

Egghunt 117

Another angle of the pears with the view of the back of the garage.

Egghunt 118

The paw paw trees are in a clump to the left od the white chair.

Egghunt 119

The paw paws looking up the hill. I planted them here because they are cold hardy to zone 3 so they should be able to handle the low lying cool and they are supposed to want wetter- swampy conditions.

Egghunt 120

The old pear is up in the left.

Egghunt 121

1 comment:

Amazing Love said...

I have been trying to find this info. Just so you know I established your blog when I had looking for weblogs like my own,my blog someday and post me a ideas to let me know what you think.
panerai replica

Contributors