Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Compost Happens

Our fair city collects the leaves every fall and the brush at several intervals through out the year to shred and compost.  As a resident I am allowed to pick up this mulch and compost for my personal use. This is an AMAZING service as far as I am concerned and my garden and flowers thank me every year with an abundant harvest and fabulous blooms. On this warn spring day in mid April I took my super helper and we loaded the truck. Oh the mountains were fun to climb.

compost day of silence Abbi 003compost day of silence Abbi 004

High atop mount mulch

compost day of silence Abbi 005compost day of silence Abbi 007

For the love of dirty knees (grin)

compost day of silence Abbi 009compost day of silence Abbi 011

And down we roll…

compost day of silence Abbi 013compost day of silence Abbi 014compost day of silence Abbi 015compost day of silence Abbi 016

“Okay mom- I’m done- guess you will have to unload at home by yourself”

compost day of silence Abbi 017compost day of silence Abbi 018

Dirty toes and dirty knees- what a joy of spring.

compost day of silence Abbi 019compost day of silence Abbi 020

No comments:

Contributors