Sunday, December 18, 2011

Getting Fitted With Fire Gear

I was at a city council meeting- I should probably note I am on the council-  when I was given and offer I just couldn’t turn down – “Do you want to run into a burning building?” the fire chief asked me. “Really? Me? Really?” Yeah eloquent I know. A building had been donated to be used as a controlled burn for training for the fire department and he was offering me the opportunity to tag along. Now how can a girl turn down and offer like that? Before I could do it I had to get fitted for gear which was a bit of a challenge being that I am 4ft. 11inches tall and weigh 120 pounds. The hardest part was the shoes- I wear a womens 4 1/2 Yeah I know freakishly small. We made it work but for the record I wouldn’t want to count on me saving your life if you are stuck in a burning building- just sayin’

butterflies and firegear 044butterflies and firegear 045butterflies and firegear 046

Quite the fashion statement huh? We decided the full gear weighs just slightly less than I do- hmmm. I probably shouldn’t quit my day job.

butterflies and firegear 047

No comments:

Contributors