Friday, January 21, 2011

Locks of Love

I just cut off almost a foot of hair- 11 inches to be exact. While Rapunzel I am not I was very ready to have my mop of hair gone. This is the 7th time I have done this and my plan is for as long as they will keep taking my hair, I will keep doing this. What I did is donate my hair to the organization Locks of Love. Locks of Love is a not for profit organization that makes wigs for children with medical hair loss. They say it takes on average 7 donated pony tails to make one wig so I figure with this donation I have now helped one whole kid. I know that may not sound like much but to that kid it is a big deal. To make this possible I get my hair cut about every 14- 18 months. Now I will enjoy my short do, take my vitamins, and see you a year from this spring to do it again. I highly recommend it if you have extra hair you don’t want on your head.

http://www.locksoflove.org/

The back of my hair before

 New years and  haircut 025

The front

New years and  haircut 028

The ponytail to be donated.

New years and  haircut 035

The front afterwards.

New years and  haircut 036

The back afterwards.

New years and  haircut 037

1 comment:

Rob said...

I don't think I will be taking you up on the offer! The kid will be as old as me before I can donate enough hair for a wig. It is a good deed that you do though.

Contributors