Friday, January 21, 2011

I’m so blue

We have started work on my parents “cottage” as we call it. The first order of business was fixing the plumbing. Clint did this pretty much on his own while I kept the 3 year old out of his hair so I didn’t get any pics. though now that I am writing this I am realizing that I may still be able to as I think the floor hasn’t been completely closed back up. Clint, the ever present handy man of all trades in my life did an amazing job and again may there be multiple blessings raining down on the head or heads of who ever the brilliant person or persons are that invented PEX tubing and Shark Bite plumbing valves. My first jobs were paint and curtains. My mother collects Blue Willow china and she decided she would like the kitchen to be blue. The kitchen used to be green and the counter tops are blue green mix. I went into Lowes- my preference for paint of the trifecta (Lowes,Home Depot, and Menards)of home improvement stores -and picked up basically one of every shade of blue paint chip they had in the joint. I took them back to the cottage, got out my boxes of fabric, set it all on the blue green counters, and started eliminating.  Clint came behind me installing blinds. My super helper LOVED the paint. We aren’t done but you can see some of the process.

There is a mirror over the sink and I took the picture in the mirror. Caelun “I hop you mommy! I hode you – you no fall”

 Christmas Evening Painting cottage kitchen 023 Christmas Evening Painting cottage kitchen 024  Christmas Evening Painting cottage kitchen 026 Christmas Evening Painting cottage kitchen 027  Christmas Evening Painting cottage kitchen 029  

Clint is measuring for the blinds.

  Christmas Evening Painting cottage kitchen 034 Christmas Evening Painting cottage kitchen 035 Christmas Evening Painting cottage kitchen 036 Christmas Evening Painting cottage kitchen 037  Christmas Evening Painting cottage kitchen 039  

The blinds are up and curtains on the door.

cottage kitchen 016

 

This is a desk we bought for my dad. I think Grandpa and Cae Cae may have some fun.cottage kitchen 001 cottage kitchen 002

Flash lights are great tools. cottage kitchen 003 cottage kitchen 004 cottage kitchen 005

I also had special help with sewing curtains.  Shouldn’t every sewing machine have a resident dump truck?cottage kitchen 007 cottage kitchen 008 cottage kitchen 009 cottage kitchen 010  A better shot of the curtains with Caelun using Blue Fuzzy for contrast.cottage kitchen 012

No comments:

Contributors