Friday, January 7, 2011

It is a snow snow snowman!

Caelun had been wanting to make a snow man since the first snow but it melted shortly after it fell. Fortunately for him he lives in Michigan and it was December so he didn’t have long to wait. We woke up on a Sunday morning to the previous nights rain having turned to wet heavy snow- perfect for snow man building. We didn’t miss our chance and we just got it in because as we were out there constructing our snow person the temperature was dropping. As We put the head in place it was beginning to get to cold to pack so we just got our window. I also discovered that the amount of time it takes to construct a snow man is exactly the same amount of time it takes a well bundled 3 year old to get “code”. Clint snow-blowed  the drive and the walk. We came inside and made home-made soup and grilled cheese- perfect for the weather. The temperature kept dropping and on Monday Abbi and I had a snow day from the wet heavy snow that turned to ice. Clint still had school. I am glad we birthed our snow person in the window of packing snow and Caelun got to make his “snow snow snowman!”

Rolling the first ball of snow.

 Clint fixing sink, Debate metro league, snow man 038 Clint fixing sink, Debate metro league, snow man 039

“Mommy- it HEAVY!”

Clint fixing sink, Debate metro league, snow man 040 Clint fixing sink, Debate metro league, snow man 041 Clint fixing sink, Debate metro league, snow man 042

Then the middle ball of snow is lofted atop the first and the snow person begins to take shape.

 Clint fixing sink, Debate metro league, snow man 044

Finally the head- some twigs for arms, some blackeyed susan seed heads for eyes and mouth, and our conglomeration of packed snow becomes a person.

 Clint fixing sink, Debate metro league, snow man 045 Clint fixing sink, Debate metro league, snow man 046 Clint fixing sink, Debate metro league, snow man 047 Clint fixing sink, Debate metro league, snow man 048 Clint fixing sink, Debate metro league, snow man 049 Clint fixing sink, Debate metro league, snow man 050 Clint fixing sink, Debate metro league, snow man 051 Clint fixing sink, Debate metro league, snow man 052 Clint fixing sink, Debate metro league, snow man 053 Clint fixing sink, Debate metro league, snow man 054 Clint fixing sink, Debate metro league, snow man 055

There is Clint blowing out the drive.

Clint fixing sink, Debate metro league, snow man 056 Clint fixing sink, Debate metro league, snow man 057

“okay mommy- kisses and I code- go inside”

Clint fixing sink, Debate metro league, snow man 058

Bye snow man- enjoy the dropping temps. You have no fear of melting in the near future. We won’t bring you any hot soup or grilled cheese.

Clint fixing sink, Debate metro league, snow man 059

2 comments:

Nellie from Beyond My Garden said...

These are so cute. Today is my daughter's 27th birthday. You've brought back some great memories of many years of play. I'm glad you have the pictures.
nellie

Clint said...

I am glad you enjoyed the pictures and Happy Birthday to your daughter :-) I am glad I have the pictures as well. I didn't become a mom until I was 35 and I married my husband who had my at the time just turned 9 year old step-daughter. I had Caelun 15 days after my 37th birthday. I think not getting to the amazing ride of parenthood until you are older makes you take more pictures :-) Maybe I just take a lot of pictures ;-) At any rate glad you enjoyed them.

Contributors