Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Summer Lilies

“I wish I were the lily's leaf to fade upon that bosom warm, content to wither, pale and brief, the trophy of thy paler form.”
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Flowers are to my eyes and noses what poetry is to my ears. It is probably why there is so much poetry that references flowers. I love lilies. They are one of the harbingers of summer. You know it is full on summer when the lilies arrive.

This particular lily was given to my husband and I because it blooms at the time of our anniversary every year. It was on good sized bulb when it was give to us. It has now multiplied into a whole patch.

summer flowers and mulberry pancakes 001summer flowers and mulberry pancakes 002summer flowers and mulberry pancakes 003summer flowers and mulberry pancakes 004

This one Clint bought me for Mother’s Day a few years back and it has also multiplied.

summer flowers and mulberry pancakes 005summer flowers and mulberry pancakes 006summer flowers and mulberry pancakes 007summer flowers and mulberry pancakes 009summer flowers and mulberry pancakes 010

No comments:

Contributors