Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Bobcat Bash

“Understand that friends come and go, but with a precious few you
should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and
lifestyle, because the older you get, the more you need the people
who knew you when you were young.” Mary Schmich from Wear Sunscreen

The class a few years ahead of mine in high school periodically holds a multiclass reunion called “The Bobcat Bash” This was the 3rd one. I didn’t attend the first 2 but I made to this one and it was great fun. I know live on the other side of the state of Michigan from where I grew up so I don’t get back there very often. It is about a 2 1/2 hour drive each way. I generally get over there when someone graduates, gets married, has a baby, or dies. Our friends who couldn’t make it we made flat versions of them and carried them around and took pictures so it was ‘like’ they were there. It was great to re-connect with friends I normally only get to chat with on Facebook.

Flat Lindy and Michell – they are in KY, and FL

bobcat bash 005

Flat Kerriaine and Jeri

bobcat bash 006bobcat bash 007

Flat Nina

bobcat bash 009

Amy offered to take Nina around to see people.

bobcat bash 010bobcat bash 011

Laura and Terri

bobcat bash 012

Terri and I

image

Colleen and I

image

Gary and Colleen

bobcat bash 013

A group of us with our flat friends and I am even wearing heels- yep I am that short.

bobcat bash 014

image

Steve and Laurie

bobcat bash 015

Laurie and I

bobcat bash 016

Marie with Flat Nina

bobcat bash 017

Jackie, Missy, me, and my amazing husband who decided to come even though he didn’t go to school at Grand Blanc.

bobcat bash 018

bobcat bash 019

Leslie, Missy, me, Clint, Colleen, Moe, and Helen

image

image

It was a great evening and it was awesome to get to catch up with folks. I will do my best to be at the next one.

No comments:

Contributors