Sunday, April 25, 2010

Lordy Lordy – look who’s 40!

April 13th, 2010 marked the day I made my 40th trip around the sun. It seems funny to me all the folks who ask me if I am sad to be turning 40- my response “Heck No!”   I had a social science professor in college, Les Morford, who said his response when some one asked him how he felt about getting older was “well it sure beats the alternative.” Yep. I will take as many birthday’s as I can get and I will be grateful for every single one. All of this being said my birthday is at an inconvenient time in the calendar of my life. I love parties and people but trying to throw a big party for me in the middle of forensics season and a week before my son’s birthday would be more stress than fun. I told Clint back in January when we started talking about a big party- let’s pretend my birthday is sometime in June after the kids birthday’s and after school gets out. He is cool with that but he and the kids didn’t want the day to go unrecognized. He brought me home flowers- with the roots attached,  we all went out for dinner at Q’doba’s, then to Fredrick Meijer Gardens to see the butterflies, and then to Cold Stone Creamery for ice-cream. It was a truly wonderful birthday. Gosh I love my hubby and kids. Here is to another trip around the sun… and another …and another. I will take as many as I can get.

 

snake-40th-regionals-messy kid 017

Heading in to Q’doba’s

snake-40th-regionals-messy kid 018

The humidity at the gardens is great for my sinuses but not so great for my camera. It took it a bit to acclimate.

 snake-40th-regionals-messy kid 020 snake-40th-regionals-messy kid 021

Caelun had a great time chasing butterflies and Abbi and Dane had a great time chasing Caelun.

 

Clint and Caelun head in behind the waterfall.

snake-40th-regionals-messy kid 024snake-40th-regionals-messy kid 023

  Of course the butterflies.

snake-40th-regionals-messy kid 025 snake-40th-regionals-messy kid 026snake-40th-regionals-messy kid 034    snake-40th-regionals-messy kid 030

snake-40th-regionals-messy kid 031

snake-40th-regionals-messy kid 032

snake-40th-regionals-messy kid 045

    The weather was just good enough to let us walk around the outside gardens.

 

This is the Grand Rapids Arch.

snake-40th-regionals-messy kid 036 snake-40th-regionals-messy kid 037  

snake-40th-regionals-messy kid 040 

The famous Da Vinci Horse.snake-40th-regionals-messy kid 042

snake-40th-regionals-messy kid 041

 snake-40th-regionals-messy kid 043

Caelun thought it was pretty darn big!snake-40th-regionals-messy kid 044

Thanks for the celebration! It was a great day.

No comments:

Contributors