Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Planting the garden

I usually plant every thing in the cole family- cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower ect.. during spring break but this year I was having periodontal surgery- I know ooo yuck. We then usually plant the rest of the garden during the 4 day Memorial day break but this year I was going to be having sinus surgery so we hustled to try to get it in the weekend before and hoped the weather cooperated. It did. It was actually unseasonably warm. It was so warm that we set up Caelun’s new pool he got for his birthday, by the edge of the garden. Nothing like a bit of water to help the dirt stick.

planting the garden- legos 025     planting the garden- legos 032  The cabbages, broccoli, and cauliflower in the shadiest part  of the garden.

planting the garden- legos 028

planting the garden- legos 029

Filling up the empty planter boxes.

planting the garden- legos 034 planting the garden- legos 035 planting the garden- legos 036 planting the garden- legos 037 planting the garden- legos 038 planting the garden- legos 039 

My garden helper.

planting the garden- legos 046 planting the garden- legos 047

Weeding out the perennial herbs and planting the basil, onions, rosemary, and marjoram.

planting the garden- legos 049 planting the garden- legos 050

   Time to cool off a bit.

planting the garden- legos 055

One, two, three, …

 planting the garden- legos 056 planting the garden- legos 057

Splash!

planting the garden- legos 058 planting the garden- legos 059

planting the garden- legos 060

Once you get good and wet get back in the garden.

 planting the garden- legos 061 planting the garden- legos 062 planting the garden- legos 063 planting the garden- legos 064 planting the garden- legos 065 planting the garden- legos 066 planting the garden- legos 067

The horseradish is taller that he is and the catnip is on it’s way.

planting the garden- legos 068

 planting the garden- legos 069 planting the garden- legos 070

planting the garden- legos 071

The garden is planted- time for another dunk in the pool.planting the garden- legos 072

2 comments:

Kifus said...

Hi ho Pam. Lovely pics! Hope both your surgeries went ok and that they weren't painful.

I do admire your gardening abilities! I've tried a number of times to have a vegetable patch but it has always been a failure and I've given up. On the other hand I love working in the garden and putting in new plants. Yours look gorgeous! And Caelun is sure delighted with his new pool!

Hope you all have a sunny weekend!

Clint said...

Thanks for the good tidings on the surgeries. The sinus one was sinus surgery #4 but I think maybe we actually have it fixed- knock on wood. As for the garden I think it is genetic. I have had lots of folks tell me that I should go in to politics because the old American joke of "my grandfather was a share cropper..." actually applies to me. In fact my dad grew up share cropping as a kid until he was drafted for WWII. I gardened on the deck of a 2 story walk up when I was in grad. school. I had pumpkins hanging off the fire ladder. I do believe dirt may actually be in my DNA.

Contributors