Thursday, May 29, 2008

Flowers To Swap


Garden Club Buddies- these are some of the flowers we have to swap. I will post them as they come into season and you can come over and get what you want. I still have irises not open. I will post more colors as they open. I may post some pictures for my own benefit that I don't have enough to swap- to document what I have. In that case I will note I don't have enough yet to trade, other wise come on over. By the way if anyone knows any of the specific names of any of theses please let me know.
Two tone burgundy only a few
Standard lite purple iris
lots of theses
Reddish maroon iris- more red than the picture shows
only a couple extra

Pale yellow iris- lots of theses

Pink iris and tall phlox-lots of both


Purple and white variegated -limited of this one
One of Clint's favorites by the way
Two tone purple -limited

Dark purple iris -this one looks almost black
limited
Lupines- these have just started to send off babies- limited
Sensation lilac
This has just recently started sending up shoots
Dark purple lilac -quite a few



White lilacs- lots of these
my dad has a fence row of these running along his forty acres



Lily of the valley -lots
Creeping myrtle or periwinkle -lots
Vinca vine

I know this isn't supposed to be winter hardy but mine is. I bought it for my flower pots one year and it climbed down into the bed below the porch. It has lived- no thrived there now for several years-I have lots.



Perennial geranium- very hardy- tolerates salt

I have quite a few but they are small



2 comments:

Kristin said...

Those are great -- quite an impressive garden you have there. We don't have enough room for many flowers, but are happy for the few we plant that survive (I am SO not a gardener -- I will probably be much better when the kids are grown.)

Clint said...

We are lucky to have so much space in town- we have 2 1/2 city lots on a corner. We are really trying to make the most of our space by creating "rooms". We are also very luck to have a good sized park- with a creek across the street. Gardening is also something Clint and I both like to do, so it has become something of a family thing.

Contributors