Friday, May 9, 2008

Spring Garden

The nice thing about perennials and bulbs is they come back year after year unbidden. Our gardens were much neglected last year while we were dealing with the "broken baby". Now that he seems demonstrably less "broken" we are anxious to get back at it with gusto. We are planning on putting in the majority of the vegetable garden tomorrow. Clint was just lamenting that "we are late- we have to get going on this!" and I said, "No -it isn't yet Memorial Day so we are actually early." He thought about it for a moment and agreed stating that we have been playing catch up for so long you just start feeling that your life is always running behind. These are some of the flower gardens in our yard.
Along the front porch
the violets are all "volunteers"
The back yard- notice the broccoli on the perimeter

grape hyacinths
The view from the front

The "new" flower garden along the road
Our ancient Maples in the background

The quince in bloom
The dwarf cherry I got for my birthday last year- thanks again Rita

Clint's Angelique tulips we moved from Traverse City
Down the walk way from the house
more tulips


an more...
and more...
Amy B.'s favs- lily tulips
This is just me playing with settings on my camera..
more and less light.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Very nice gardening! I love the white tulips. Really I love all tulips. They are just starting to pass here in NH -- so sad! I wish they lasted longer. Ah well, it's the trade-off for not having to plant them every year.

Great job on the veggie garden. We are just planting some tomatoes since my kids love them and they are so darned expensive (and easy to grow.) I'd love to get more annuals in, too. (And maybe a lilac tree or two.)

Contributors