Tuesday, December 4, 2007

December 1, 2007

Last Monday, Clint had probably the worst day a high school teacher can have. The fellow teacher and friend who was diagnosed with brain cancer passed away on Thanksgiving Day. He had to go in on Monday and tell the students, and the funeral was to be that afternoon – remember he is teaching many of her former students. That same day he found out one of his students was in a serious car accident and is hospitalized with head trauma and is in the ICU in a coma. He also had to relay this to the students. When it rains it pours – I guess but wow. The poor teachers in health careers at KCTC. This teacher passing away is followed by another teacher in that same department being murdered a little over a year ago. This is my tenth year teaching high school and I don’t think I have ever had a day quite like that. It really does remind you that we need to be grateful for every moment because you just never know what is coming around the corner. It also puts things into perspective. Regardless of the problems I might be facing I am alive and in one piece. Ahmen

No comments:

Contributors