Thursday, December 13, 2007

Debate is life, everything else is prep. time


December 13,2007

While I teach a program with three full sections of debate-
The largest of any I am told- my hard core debate geeks are in this picture.
These are the kids who travel with me on the weekends and help to put on the Grand Rapids Metro Debate League. These kids put in hours and hours not to mention lots of their own money to travel and compete. Notice every single one of them is taller than I am. So it goes. I mentioned this to the kids and they told me “Tow our tubs are taller than you.” And as you can see they are almost correct. They have named the tubs. One of my novice debaters named the novice tubs- “Nixon” and “Deep Throat”
“Aren’t I clever?” she asked me. So much evidence –such big muscles.
One of their jokes is – “Save a tree kill a debater”
Shut up and cut cards!








No comments:

Contributors