Monday, December 20, 2010

Nothing says “I love You” like a high end appliance.

It heard us. The washer – it heard us. It heard us writing lots of checks for tuition for the college classes we both were taking. It heard the check for the new tires, and the new refrigerator. It heard the back to school shopping. It heard all of that and said “ha ha I’ll get you – I’ll quit” Ain’t it just the way it goes- Murphy’s law and all that jazz. In it’s defense it really did more than it was designed to do. It was a gift in 1999 -before I had kids and at 1.2 cubic feet it never really met the need for 2 people let alone a family of 4 with messy kids. Clint looked in to fixing it and asked me if he would be in trouble if he were able to. I said no- well mostly no. At any rate the motor burned out so there was no fixing it and since we were buying new we might as well get something nice. We did our research and bought a Samsung front load 4.5 cubic foot, steam cycle, super energy efficient model. I can actually put 4 of my previous size loads in to this washer- LAAAAAA the angles are singing. Besides that it uses less than half the soap to wash 4 times the clothes and costs $7 a year to run- if the energy rating is to be believed. I love it that Clint is so supportive of buying high end appliances. I know lots of folks like flowers, and jewelry but to me almost nothing says I love you like a high end appliance. Come ooo and ahhh over my new washer. You have seen the peanut butter face and you know the job it has to do.

One dish meal#7-14 Abbi band- game 2 caelun peanutbutter 014 One dish meal#7-14 Abbi band- game 2 caelun peanutbutter 015

I was so happy to see these guys I sent them out the door with strawberry rhubarb crisp when they commented on how good it smelled.

One dish meal#7-14 Abbi band- game 2 caelun peanutbutter 017

Where it lives in the basement and so far even Caelun has not been a match for it. Bring on those dirty clothes!

cutting the tree, Webster christmas washer 095

2 comments:

Rob said...

These things always seem to know when to pick the wrong moment but I think really the old machine was doing you a good turn because this one is so energy efficient every time you use it you will be saving money so eventually you will have saved the money you originally spent on it so in that sense its for free.

Clint said...

You got it! I generally feel that way every time I upgrade an appliance. It is also fun to get on line and learn all the cool new features they have come up with in the last 10-15 years since you bought one of what ever it is.

Contributors