Monday, February 22, 2010

A mini-vacation to Great Wolf Lodge

Being teachers we get a bit of a break in February for President’s day. We used to get almost a week off but with the new Michigan state mandates stating that we must start school after Labor Day it has shrunk- to in the case of my school 1 day and my hubby’s and daughter’s schools -2 days. I took a personal day to be off with them.  Those 2 days are connected to a weekend and a 4 day weekend is nothing to sneeze at but one doesn’t  get on a plane and head somewhere warm (which is what we use to do)  for 4 days. My dear dad gave me money for Christmas so instead we took 2 of  those days and headed to Traverse City and Great Wolf Lodge. For those not familiar it is a very large, very well heated, indoor water park. They really do have something for everyone from a very shallow wading pool with mini-slide and bubblers for the tiny ones to 2 different 3 story water slides for the the big people. Abbi brought her friend and I think all the kids really had a blast. This is our second trip. We went the first time when Caelun was less than a year old as a present from Clint’s mom. It was great to see the kids have so much fun, get warmed up, and my defective sinuses loved the humidity.  Come bring a towel and splash around with us.

and Great Wolf Lodge part I 021 

The basic structure. Notice the big bucket a the top. It fills with water and periodically an alarm goes off to tell folks to either get under or get out of the way of a dumping. It holds 1000 gallons.

and Great Wolf Lodge part I 002

Folks start to collect. Abbi and her friend are in front. I couldn’t get to close for fear of getting the camera wet.

and Great Wolf Lodge part I 003and Great Wolf Lodge part I 004

Here it comes!

and Great Wolf Lodge part I 005and Great Wolf Lodge part I 006   

Abbi and Kayla recover from the drenching.

 and Great Wolf Lodge part I 008

and Great Wolf Lodge part I 007

 before of bathroom Valentine's and Great Wolf Lodge part I 033

Warming up in the hot tub.

  before of bathroom Valentine's and Great Wolf Lodge part I 035 

This is what 13 year olds do with alphabet pretzels.

before of bathroom Valentine's and Great Wolf Lodge part I 043before of bathroom Valentine's and Great Wolf Lodge part I 037 

 

before of bathroom Valentine's and Great Wolf Lodge part I 039 

This child LOVES a ball.

before of bathroom Valentine's and Great Wolf Lodge part I 050

before of bathroom Valentine's and Great Wolf Lodge part I 049before of bathroom Valentine's and Great Wolf Lodge part I 048   before of bathroom Valentine's and Great Wolf Lodge part I 051  before of bathroom Valentine's and Great Wolf Lodge part I 057

before of bathroom Valentine's and Great Wolf Lodge part I 053 

   before of bathroom Valentine's and Great Wolf Lodge part I 060  before of bathroom Valentine's and Great Wolf Lodge part I 063  before of bathroom Valentine's and Great Wolf Lodge part I 066

  Abbi hopping from lily pad to lily pad.

 and Great Wolf Lodge part I 009  and Great Wolf Lodge part I 011  and Great Wolf Lodge part I 014

Taking a break from the action.

2 comments:

amanda said...

I thought Caelun got sippy cups from Santa?

Clint said...

He did but he thinks they are strickly a toy for turning upside down and shaking. I swear we have tried over a dozen differet kinds of sippy cups with no luck. He wants to drink out of a regular cup but he makes a complete mess. I think it is a transition that is going to have to wait for good weather so we can be outside.

Contributors