Thursday, July 23, 2009

Take time to stop and smell the roses

I love my winter hardy roses. I have been surprised at how much they have taken off this year. Other than the ones we moved from my hubby’s house when we got married, they were all planted last year. I have always applied the adage of 1st year they sleep, 2nd year they creep, and 3rd year they leap to all my perennials- including roses. If this is creeping I can’t even imagine what they will do next year. Our roses literally stopped traffic. We actually had people come and comment on them. I wish you could smell them. Hopefully a picture or two will make you smile.

 

summer 09 284

Dorcus- a Buck rose

 summer 09 286summer 09 295 

Armide- an antique rose

  summer 09 288 summer 09 289 

Morden Fireglow

summer 09 291  summer 09 293  

Morden Sunrise

summer 09 297 

Qudra- a Canadian explorer rose

No comments:

Contributors