Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A rat a tat tat

“My daughter’s room is so messy she has two rats living in it.” Well it is messy but the rats are actually her pets. Now Clint was less than thrilled. He is not particularly an animal person and really not rodents, but our dear Abbi acquired these pets while at her mom’s. She is at our house for a majority of the summer and could she “pleeeze bring them”  I have to admit they are kind of cute. She even has a leash to take them for walks. One of the neighbor’s stopped in to chat out in the yard the other day and he said to me “I just saw Abbi. She had her rat out for a walk.” Yep that’s our girl. She took these pictures and would I please post them. Yep- here they are in all their ratty glory. Step right up and meet Louie and Chessie. I hope I spelled those right.

 

  summer 09 380

Chessie is on the left and Louie is on the right.summer 09 382

   summer 09 385  summer 09 390 summer 09 391     summer 09 396 summer 09 397 summer 09 398 summer 09 399 summer 09 400  summer 09 402 summer 09 403     summer 09 411 summer 09 413 summer 09 415   summer 09 424

summer 09 425

 

summer 09 426

summer 09 374

That my friends is what a rat on a leash looks like.

1 comment:

Gillie said...

My brother and his girlfriend had a rat as their first pet together. It creeped me out a bit. they let it roam their apartment and make nests in the stuffing of their couch. I don't think I would be able to get used to a rodent running free in my house. In fact, I just watched 'Verminator' last night and was surprised at how little regret I felt at seeing dead rats in traps on TV. Kudos to your daughter for letting a furry rodent make a nest in her heart and to you for allowing them in your home :o)

Contributors