Saturday, June 21, 2008

Wes and Mandy's Wedding

Yeah the big day finally arrived. There was much preparation and planning on every ones part. The bride was blushing and beautiful, the groom dashing and handsome. To quote Steel Magnolias "Every thing is draped in my two colors of blush and bashful- her two colors are pink and pink- the sanctuary looks like it has been hosed down in pepto bismol" Peonies were the order of the day. I did the video taping from the balcony and shot some pictures. Clint did baby duty. At one point towards the end of the ceremony Cae started to get fussy and he took him outside where he met a whole group of other dad's with babies. I think they actually had a big screen TV set up with ESPN and had pizza and beer delivered but at any rate- Abbi sat with her cousins Cody and eventually Bree after Bree had dispatched her flower girl duties. The ceremony went off with out a hitch - as long as you disregard the "HELP ME" written on the instep of Wes's shoes by his prankster grooms men. It was only visible when he kneeled. It was a tad warm but other than that a truly glorious day. Here- here to Mandy and Wes.

Are those the Conley boys or the Blues Brothers?

So Wes - remember Chris and Clint are the "small brothers"- behave accordingly.
Carly - Mandy's sister on her dad's side- plays to entertain the guests as they are seated.
Aunt Gloria and cousin Chandra start the music.
Abbi keeps Cae entertained.
I must say- because it is my blog and I get to- that my children are really adorable.
Floyd is seated near the front.
Grandma Florence Hall is seated for the ceremony.

Grandpa Floyd Conley checks out the program.

The church is beginning to fill.
Jake seats Wes's Grandma.
Jim and Betty Mauk Mandy's grandparents on her step-mom's side.

Grandma Randall and Mandy's Uncle Ken.
Mary gets ready to be seated and start the ceremony.

Jake seats Mary to signify the beginning of the ceremony- from my vantage point in the balcony.
Jake rolls out the runner.
Here comes the bride.
Bree did a great job of chucking flower petals but she was really quick.
I didn't catch her, but she is standing next to Chris.
"Who gives this woman?"
Starl and Floyd give Mandy away.
Mandy and Wes take their vows.
From the balcony.
Look I have a zoom on my camera:)
Since I am not the official photographer I can take pictures of what I like.
Clint spotted me.
Abbi and Cody are directly below me- I know the tops of peoples heads are not that interesting
but hay it's my kid's head and as I said before - it's my blog.
I didn't realize wedding ceremonies were funny.
With this ring...

I thee wed.
This is me playing with the zoom on my camera
The Hawaiian sand ceremony-
unlike the unity candle ceremony at least the sand can't be extinguished before the end of the service. Of course I guess you could knock it over.

I didn't realize being bound as husband and wife was so funny.
HELP ME?
Click on the picture to enlarge.
"I now pronounce you husband and wife- yes you can kiss her already."
Pucker up!
Now that's a kiss!
Yeah the ceremony is over- the guys outside with the big screen TV will have to wrap it up.

The wedding party follows.

Missy hands out bubbles.
My kids munch on cheerios while we wait for the bride and groom.
Our little clan- don't we coordinate well?
Here come the bride and groom- time to go to the reception.















1 comment:

Kristin said...

You're right -- you DID put up a bunch of pictures lately. Very nice job. Looked like a glorious day. I haven't been to a wedding in ages -- and I'm not sure I'm ready to plan one any time soon!

Contributors