Saturday, February 12, 2011

Getting dolled up at the Doll House Salon

A a great part of being a teacher is getting to be a part of the lives of the amazing students that come through your class room. A former student of mine is now a professional hairdresser and colorist. Prior to heading out on the floor at the salon she now works at she needed to show off her amazing skills to her new boss. She needed models so I volunteered. I don’t usually color my hair and I only cut it every year and a half or so to be able to donate to Locks Of Love – as you may remember from a previous post -but she needed the model, my hair was looking unusually dark having cut all the sun and pool bleached blonde off, and she did it for free. What a sweet thing she did for her old teacher. You can’t beat free. Not only did she give me a wonderful boost of summer sun in the form of highlights but I got the full pampering with a paraffin hand treatment and hand massage. If you live in the Grand Rapids area and would like 50% off a cut or color- give her a shout. The contact info is below. Gosh I love my job.

Contact Kat at http://www.dollhousehairsalon.com/ and the phone number is 616-554-4929.  If people are new and want to get 50% off, contact Kat to find out how :)

Kat

 front door Kat hair doo natasha present 041  

This is my hair before…

front door Kat hair doo natasha present 046

during…

front door Kat hair doo natasha present 047

…and after.

front door Kat hair doo natasha present 049

front door Kat hair doo natasha present 050

4 comments:

Rob said...

You are right, you can't beat free. I'd put in for having my hair done but I reckon she might find me a bit of a challenge. She did a nice job on you though.

Kifus said...

Hehe, previous comment made me laugh. Congrats to your former student. Your hair colour turned out great!

Rob said...

Hi Pam, hope everything is ok, haven't seem you around in a while.

Riccaro said...

very cool red hair

Contributors