Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Day To Be Thankful For

We had our family Thanksgiving at my dad’s as I have for 39 Thanksgivings now. This year the merry band included: my oldest brother Jim, my sister in law Jene, my nephew Chris, his wife Betsy, their three boys David, Andrew, and Ethan, my niece Deanna and her son Ben, my long time friend/sister Dawn, my parents Bob, and Del, and of course my little band of Clint, Caelun and myself. Abbi had Thanksgiving with her mom this year. This brought the grand total to 10 adults and 5, yes count them 5, little boys. Three of these little boys were 2. Throw in a turkey, a dozen toy cars, and a laundry basket of duplo blocks and you have yourself quite the party. Most of the pictures are not very good- it was like trying to take pictures of bullets going through apples- but I hope they give you a taste of the day.

Thanksgiving 001

My brother Jim awaits the the big dinner with his grandson Ethan.

          Thanksgiving 003

Every Thanksgiving table needs a tonka truck next to the turkey. Ethan and Caelun are in the frame- David ducked under the table when I took the picture.

Thanksgiving 004

Caelun is out but Ben is in and David is still under the table.

Thanksgiving 005

So many cars …so little time.

Thanksgiving 006

We attempt to settle around the table.

Thanksgiving 007 Thanksgiving 008 Thanksgiving 009

Thanksgiving 013 Thanksgiving 014

After dinner Chris gives Cae-Cae a red velvet cup cake.

Thanksgiving 016

Andrew gets a cup cake as well.

Thanksgiving 015

  Clint and Deanna relax amid the toys.

Thanksgiving 017

Ben is on the move.

Thanksgiving 018 Thanksgiving 019

Who knew the basket the duplo blocks were in would be the most fun?

Thanksgiving 020 Thanksgiving 021  Thanksgiving 023

A four generation picture- Bob, Jim, Deanna, and Ben – there is one of Chris and his boys as well but I was shooting it on someone else’s camera.

Thanksgiving 024 Thanksgiving 025 Thanksgiving 026 Thanksgiving 027 Thanksgiving 028

Look at all those blocks!

Thanksgiving 029

Time for pie and ice cream

Thanksgiving 037

Thanksgiving 030Ice-cream is finger food- right? 

Thanksgiving 033Thanksgiving 035

Thanksgiving 042

“Feed Me” I swear we are.

Thanksgiving 040

1 comment:

Totallyscrappy said...

You gotta love a party with so many little boys!!

Contributors