Friday, August 28, 2009

Summer Vacation 2009 Part I Akron, OH

So we had planned to take a summer vacation in June when school let out, but my ENT/Cranial Facial Plastic Surgeon thought differently. I have had some on going sinus problems and I had to have surgery in June. By August I was sufficiently healed and we were really in need of a get away. Clint and I have been wanting to visit VA, and NC in hopes of doing some early research on places to retire. My head will only take so many MI winters but at the same time we need a place where my Irish-American husband won’t die from skin cancer or melt. We are thinking NC or VA might be just the ticket but haven’t visited enough to know. One of my areas of interest is history- I have a history teaching cert. even though I mostly teach communications. VA, and NC are full of Revolutionary War and Civil War history. We loaded up our mini-van, plugged in the DVD player with Baby Einstein for Caelun, Abbi brought her friend Perry, and we headed south. We didn’t make it to NC but we got a good feel for VA and we really liked it. NC is for the next time I guess. The first leg brought us as far as Akron, OH where my HS friend Jen Dunkel lives. She met us at our hotel, which had a REALLY cool pool the kids all thoroughly enjoyed and then we went out for some amazing burgers at a local burger place Jen knew about. It was a nice start to a nice vacation.

Summer and Natasha 09 280

Me Jen, and Caelun at the pool.

Summer and Natasha 09 270

Abbi looking cool in the pool.

Summer and Natasha 09 273 Summer and Natasha 09 274

The wonder twins- Abbi and Perry.

Summer and Natasha 09 275 Summer and Natasha 09 276  

Caelun and Clint also thought the pool was nifty.

Summer and Natasha 09 279

No comments:

Contributors