Saturday, August 16, 2008

July 2008 book- God Grew Tired Of Us

Whew I am behind- we meet for our August book in two days and I haven't posted July's book. July's book is God Grew Tired Of Us by John Bul Dau. It is an auto-biography as one of the lost boys of Sudan. He chronicles his trip out of Sudan all the way to Syracuse NY. It is inspiring and sad all at the same time. It is a very quick read- I read it in a couple of hours. The last 30 pages is a bit of a drag but otherwise it is fabulous. On a personal note I didn't realize that Grand Rapids took the largest amount of lost boys as immigrants. Both Clint and I have had them in class but just assumed that other cities were taking a similar number. Yeah for Grand Rapids. On a scale of 1-5 we gave this book 4 stars.

No comments:

Contributors