Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Belated Birthdays

We FINALLY got to celebrate my parents birthdays. Between being sick back in December, Caelun's ears, and now all of the snow we managed to miss both of my parents birthdays. Actually we missed Rita, Clint's mom's as well and we still owe her a celebration. We will get there- it might be the spring thaw but we will get there! Any hoo- my dad Bob, turned 82 back on December 3oth and my mother Adelma, turned 72 on the 4th of this month. Usually we have them over and I cook some favroites for dinner, but this time we went to them so Clint could fix a problem with dad's e-mail and give him a tutorial. Aunt Loweta, Uncle Lester, Aunt Barbie, and cousin Beth, I think we have him set. Try sending e-mail again and see if you get a response. At any rate I got off easy. My dad made dinner and Clint did the computer training. I just bought the cake and my mother's plants/flowers. Caelun was, of course the entertainment.









Happy Valentine's day to all. We went out for Chinese food. We took Caelun with us, as usual. He is eating everything and anything. He really seemed to like fried rice and egg drop soup. I guess I haven't been very good about the stats- he has two teeth, the two bottom incisors and is working on the top incisiors. He weighs just under 18 lbs. He is in the bottom of the bottom on the size chart. He is crawling- mostly the swimmy slodier on the beach crawl, and standing by him self. He signs mom, dad, milk, and more. He says lots of words that don't mean anything- dig, dog, dirt, duck, da dee, ma mee, kit, kick, Bob, bee, bit, buck, bug, beg, ba ba, mug, Meg, muck, tuck, truck, gray, gay, git, grit- there are lots more but I am not convinced that any of them have any real meaning. He puts them together in weird strings- Dig, dog, dirt is one of his common "sentences". For Aunt Linda he has, all for the plosives- vocalized and unvocalized and the nasals. I think you can see the pattern. Our peditrition tells us all the time his language development is WAY ahead not even considering the pree- mee status. Clint just laughs and says "look who his mom is." Dr. Sue thinks it is because I read to him, and talk to him - he is copying me. I do have Good Night Moon memorized. Who knows. Maybe it is just genetic- heaven help you all.

No comments:

Contributors