Monday, May 25, 2009

We get by with a little help from our friends

So a good friend of mine recently sustained a badly broken leg. How did she obtain this injury you ask? Her puppy ran over her.  Now this is no ordinary puppy.  The dog’s mom is a golden retriever and the father is supposedly a black lab but we all believe it is actually a moose. Her leg is healing with the aid of a plate and 6 screws. My husband asked when he heard about the incident “Is the dog still alive?  I would have thought about shooting it if it were me but Brien might actually do it.”  Brien is my dear friend’s husband. When I asked my friend Stacey that question she responded “well the kids were there.” Touché. Needless to say my dear friend isn’t doing a lot of gardening so some of us in the garden club got together and went over to weed her garden. We had nice weather and a good time pulling weeds and chatting. I brought my extra good helper as you can see in the pictures.

 

spring 09 271

Caelun and Pam Agnello- aka Auntie Pam in the background.

spring 09 268

Stacey joins us but has to keep her leg elevated- the moose/dog is hiding. Cindy and Pat work on the flower beds.

spring 09 269 spring 09 270

1 comment:

Totallyscrappy said...

How sweet of your garden club to be there for a friend.

Contributors