Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Ear Infection

We had a debate tournament this last weekend and the kids broke to octafinals, today we vote in the primary, and we have our garden club get together for Christmas but this post isn't about any of those things. Caelun has a double ear infection. We started on amoxicillin before New Years. We switched to omneceph when the amoxicillin didn't work. We went back to the doctor yesterday- he was still miserable, and we now have a series of three rocehperin shots. They are very painful. They dilute it with lidocain but it is still painful. If this doesn't work we are probably looking at PE tubes. We now know why he hasn't been sleeping through the night. Thanks to my friend Pat in garden club who had a grandson with a similar thing who suggested ears might be the problem and not just the reflux. So much for the undergrad. in speech path. Any input is appreciated.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Oh, the poor little guy. Unfortunately, I can't give you any advice, I've only had to deal with a few, mild ear infections with my kids, but I know it can be painful. I had a terrible inner-ear canal infection once when I was a young teen and it was WRETCHED.

Contributors